Sunday, February 26, 2006

Jackie Bag

This is a bag I made for a friend Jackie to say thank you for all her support. I'm pleased to say she loved it and it is now her 'daily bag' which is lovely! I had 2 pure wool pashminas which had started to bobble so I stuck them in the washer and boiled them - they came out beautifully felted and soft so I made the pattern around them, using their shape and size to dictate the design of the bag. I was playing around with the fringe and noticed it looked cute as a kind of rosette so I added that to the design too. It's lined with lovely soft pink stretchy terry-type cloth (sounds weird but it's gorgeous - honest). I made the button by sandwiching a felt coaster-type-thing (you use them under chair legs for protecting wooden floors!!) between 2 circles of felt and them added a heart button to finish. Voila!

Jackie, may you wear it well x Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello ı visit your blog!and I see your bag.. it is very nice ..
I dont know englidh very vell.. see you soon..

8:40 pm  
Blogger pampootie said...

Thanks Kendini

You're my first comment as this is a new blog! I'm really pleased you like the bag - thank you so much

9:07 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've made some truly beautiful things!

9:52 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home